Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Kill that popper

The first thing I did when my Yahoo showed 100MB next to the storage space is shutdown Yahoopops (It stopped working anyway). Yahoo pops was very useful when my mailbox was filled with spam. 6MB surely is not enough for the Spam that Yahoo produced (or Yahoo invited). Now with the 100 MB thing they are forced to improve their spam bot too, afterall who would want to fish their mail in 100MB spam ocean.
Surely the spam control has imporved a bit, but not to the expected levels. Some more things Yahoo should improve are
1. Give that Unicode support, it looks ugly when I receive unicode mails
2. Bring that Inktomi (or whatever) to Mails. (If you need to know how Gmail is excelling ping me I'll send you guys a Gmail invite.)

I donno what's cooking at Hotmail end, 2 MB space come on do something to avoid all those fingers.

PS:- Now GMail too has a popper. I don't think that is needed either. See why.